Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Silver linings

Right now I am going through a pretty bad time in life. One of my online friends suggested that I should write at such an important time. Deeply thinking its a good idea, writing can be cathartic for the mind, especially when you don't have anyone trust able to reveal your true feelings to.
The silver lining of this dark cloud is that I have taken a step forward in my readings. I have invested my time in reading classical literature, the sort of literature every "well accomplished" person should know. I read Jane Austen,Milton,Wilde and of course Shakespeare too. Apart from my wish to be well versed in literature I read more for the joy of it. Thankfully the library in our university is stocked with all kinds of books. So maybe after this drought in happiness is flushed by rain I will be left with a sense of accomplishment.
As I wait for the planets to turn and help my fortune I cannot help but realise that this time has taught me many a things. It has changed me a lot, made me more of a man and less of a boy. I still wonder whether this bad spell has stabbed my innocence or injected it with a vitaliser. Time of course as usual holds the unborn answer in her womb delivering only when he's completely ready to face the world and the world him.
Writing an excerpt from a poem by Oscar Wilde "The dole of King's daughter"

There are two that ride from south and east,
And two from the north and west,
For the black raven a goodly feast,
For the king's daughter rest

There is one man who loves her true,
Red ,O red is stain of gore!
He hath duggen a grave by the darksome yew
One grave will do for four.

No moon in the still Heaven,
In the black water none,
The sins on her soul are seven,
The sin upon his is one.

No comments: